At Large Members
The charge conference elects members for the committee on lay leadership (formerly nominations and personnel). It is a committee or team that serves throughout the year to guide the church council or alternative structure on matters regarding the lay leadership (other than employed staff) of the congregation to:
- Engage in growth and development as disciples of Jesus Christ
- Focus on mission and ministry as service
- Guide the development and training of Christian spiritual leaders
- Recruit, nurture, and support persons in their elected roles
- Assist the church council (or alternative structure) in assessing changing leadership needs.